A few weeks ago I checked off one of the destinations on my travel bucket list...Colorado! One of my favorite places to visit growing up was Denver and the Rocky Mountains of Colorado. Other than a quick trip to Denver last November for a wedding, I hadn't been to Colorado in almost 10 years and have wanted to take Manny to one of my very favorite places!
After a crazy non-stop summer of studying for Manny and working 4-5 twelve hour shifts a week for me, we were so thankful that we had the opportunity to get away for a long weekend and meet my parents in Colorado! I didn't realize until I was there how much I've missed the peacefulness of the mountains. It was so nice to leave the hustle and bustle crazy life we all live and get away to a beautiful place where time goes by slow (in a good way!), everything is relaxed, and everyone is friendly.
Here are highlights from our stay in Rocky Mountain high!
 |
| cabin in Estes Park |
 |
| Manny's first time in the Rockies |
 |
| early morning in Estes Park |
 |
| Bear Lake |
 |
| my parents on our hike |
|
 |
| Hallet's Peak- we were at 10,000 feet! |
 |
| Breakfast in the mountains at my aunt and uncle's house |
 |
| Red Rock Amphitheater in Denver |
 |
| more at Red Rocks |
 |
| we could've rented a tepee! |
 |
| my beautiful parents! |
 |
| Manny at 11,000 feet! |
 |
| the Rockies! |
|
 |
| view from the Old Fall River Road | | | |
|
Manny's already counting down the days until the next time.....
No comments:
Post a Comment